gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14126] Set all user related columns numberings t

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14126] Set all user related columns numberings to count from 1, not 0
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:42:23 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

The utilities that require column numbers of tables (for example ImageCrop, or
MakeCatalog), currently count from 0. This basically comes from the fact that
counting in C starts from 0. However, when working with tables, counting
usually begins from one (for example in AWK, or even CFITSIO).

It is thus much more convenient if the column counting of all utilities start
counting from 1, not 0. There is probably no need to change the internal
workings of utilities. The main work will be to change the value the moment it
is read in: either from the command line (in `args.c') or if its is read by
the configuration file(s) (in `ui.c').

Since we are still early in the development of Gnuastro, and probably not too
many people are still heavily using Gnuastro, the sooner we do this, the
better.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14126>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/