gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #48692] Replace TABs with spaces

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #48692] Replace TABs with spaces
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 11:07:09 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #48692 (project gnuastro):

                Category:               ImageCrop => All Gnuastro
             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you very much for highlighting this issue! Since the no TABs convention
wasn't adopted from the exact start of Gnuastro, some of the older files and
functions (and even code pieces that are repeated a lot) actually used TABs
for indentation. For those who use Emacs, the '.dir-locals.el' file will be
loaded and will not allow the use of TABs for indentation on new code.

This problem was haunting me for a very long time (ever since the no-TABs
convention was adopted). I always knew that there is probably code that still
uses TABs for indentation, but I would always have more important things to
do. So now, I thought of putting the necessary hour or two to go through all
the '.c' and '.h' files in 'lib/' and 'src/' and making the correction. It was
finally completed
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=3a84a97b903788e6fde0ada2e8a64e8753493529>
and all the changes have been pushed to master.

Thanks again Vladimir for bringing up this issue, and also thanks to Mosè for
writing the '.dir-locals.el' file so Emacs users don't have to worry about
this issue any more.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48692>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/