Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution

From: John Williams
Subject: Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:25:19 +1200

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 15:09 -0400, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

> In general, it's wrong to tell people where to get non-free software
> if they actually want to get it and use it.
I disagree.  That, to me is prohibition.  It is wrong to deny people choice,
and the chance to make up their own mind.

By hiding things from them, you deny them freedom of choice.

> It could be that you have no interest in doing that.
And indeed to I do not.

>   If we could be
> sure that telling you where such things are distribited from would not
> lead to the use of them, there would be no harm in telling you.
I wouldn't, but that is beside the point.

> The only obstacle to that is that we just don't know you very well.
Fair enough.

> Not yet.
:-)

And you shall know me by my actions.  (Including posting to email
lists.)