Quick status report.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Quick status report.
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 01:39:48 +0200

Hey,

I'm currently working on the package builder, for anyone interested
one can retrive a tar-ball [1], which is usually outdated.  The actual
tree is also available [2], this is my working tree to, so what you
see there is what I am working on.  Feel free to comment about
anything.

Does anyone know of a good name for our Ports-like system?  I'm
putting up on the list of possible candidates:

arca procurator - box (a package is like a box) manager
arca texo - box weaver/constructor (it is used to make boxes)

(if anyone knows Latin, please shout if the grammar above is wrong)

The package manager is currently on hold until the package builder is
done.  Right now I have no idea if we should just use dpkg (or
someother package manager), or just write our own.  But my mind is
swaing to the direction that we should just build our own package
manager.  Even if this is more work for us.

[1]: http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/gnu/gnu-ports.tar
[2]: http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/gnu/gnu-ports/