gnu-search-hackers

[Gnu-search-hackers] rector

From: Mathilda Hawkins
Subject: [Gnu-search-hackers] rector
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:59:26 +0900

Miss Cress raised her head in surprise, and Lavinia dropped Mrs. Fastidious not only about food and comfort, but about peoplealso. Fact was, hed been sprinting along ata damned good pace. Miss Cress smiled and interrupted her counting.
It was years now since there had been two distinctAnson Warleys.
Miss Cress thought, withher cold lucidity: Shes a good deal sicker than the old woman.
Jaspar continued, bending to animaginary presence across the table.
Oh, God, murmured Lavinia, covering her eyes with her hands.
With Munson absent, there was no knowing how George mightmuddle things. What would he say if he knew I wasgoing on?
Anson Warley found himself in the hall again, getting into his fur-linedovercoat. Ah, said Miss Cress, with a little shiver; for she knew that Mrs. AndMiss Lemoine says I have my jewels on; and I know I havent. He onlyhoped poor old Evalina never heard of it.
Jasparrequests the pleasure Ill answer it with a Mr.
Neither turned to the other, neither spoke.
Why, somewhere farther up Fifth Avenue; hewas perfectly sure of that.
Youre letting me go down without my diamonds!
Always afraid of being left out, arent you? Oh, if only he can hold on tillshe dies, and get his pension. She had lived, breathed, invested and reinvested her millions,to no other end. Miss Cress raised her head in surprise, and Lavinia dropped Mrs.
Thats what I told you, snapped Miss Cress. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, but not in sleep. Warley levelled a contemptuous glance at him. Hed stay at home any time rather thanrisk a boring evening.
Miss Cress smiled and interrupted her counting. But no dull dinners for HIM, not even if they fed you offgold.
He did notfeel sleepy, but keyed up and alert. Her hand layon the door-knob, Miss Dunn repeated: Dont you cross her now, and wasgone.
He did like to sit and watch a lovely face, and call laughter intolovely eyes. In the next room he heard Filmorereluctantly, protestingly, laying out his evening clothes.
God, he thought, as the double doors swung open, but its good to getin out of the cold.
ButIve managed to remember it, thank God.
Munson was growing old too, and he did sometimes forgetabout these dinner-parties of Mrs.