Re: Open source - Free software

From: Oliver Wong
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:45:45 GMT

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message 857izpu2c5.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:857izpu2c5.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
"Roger Johansson" <roger4911@gmail.com> writes:

Jim Richardson wrote:

"freeware" and "Free Software" are not the same thing. Free
Software refers to (mostly) GPL stuff. (See the FSF for details)
that's all Open Source, as well as "Free Sosftware" freeware, is
just the usual "try our stuff before you buy" thing. A whole
different kettle of fish.

At the heart of this matter we find a group of people who have
created the FSF you mention, Free Software Foundation.

Obviously they think they can hijack a common word like free, and
decide that it can only mean one thing in connection to software.

It is a free country, bub.

   Maybe your country, but here in Canada, we have to pay taxes. =P

- Oliver