Re: Open source - Free software

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:47:14 +0200 (CEST)

   >"freeware" and "Free Software" are not the same thing. Free
   >Software refers to (mostly) GPL stuff.

   Free Software may, but free software refers to software that's free
   (by any of the many definitions of the word "free".  (That's how
   English [and most other languages] works.)

   Open Source Software is, of necessity, Free Software (and free
   software), but free software isn't limited to Open Source Software.

Open Source software can be non-free software too.  The whole idea
behind Open Source is not that of freedom, but if it is simply
practical.

As for the difference between "Free" and "free", I don't understand
it, and it is confuse.  Free means free, free means Free.