Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code

From: Tim Smith
Subject: Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:44:16 GMT

On 2004-06-14, Chris Jefferson <caj@cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Now, we realise that evil people could always just ignore the GPL, that
> isn't a fault of the GPL. But are these two things possible?

They can also ignore any non-GPL license, such as what your friends want to
use.  Your first two questions basically have no bearing on choice of
license.

> Also, I notice that we must distribute the source in a version such that
> it can be compiled by the user. Does this mean:

Assuming it is all your code, you can distribute it any way you want.  GPL,
or whatever license you use, is what *OTHER* people have to follow, not you.

--
--Tim Smith