Re: [GNU-linux-libre] add uruk gnu/linux

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] add uruk gnu/linux
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 21:50:38 +0100

Op Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:38:09 -0500
schreef bill-auger <address@hidden>:

> unless it can be shown that it was absolutely necessary to create
> pureos rather than re-vitalize gnewsense, then it's existence can
> only be seen as a publicity stunt to the detriment of gnewsense
> (detriment aka: "slap in the face") - perhaps i am missing some
> important facts? - perhaps the pureos effort just had more "steam" or
> "young blood" and so a case could be made that the gnewsense team
> should have joined the fledgling pureos effort, if only for trendy,
> populous reasons - i would be very interested if someone can show
> this presumption to be inaccurate

I have met some people from PureOS at FOSDEM. They were mostly involved
with the upcoming pocket device and didn't know all the whys and hows
of PureOS, but it seems that Purism were not really aware of gNewSense.
Maybe there were other motives as well, but they didn't say in the
short time that we talked.

I hope to stay in touch with them to find out how much they have in
common with gNewSense and how we can work together.