Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list update

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list updates
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 02:58:46 -0300

On Aug  4, 2017, bill-auger <address@hidden> wrote:

> === Blag ===

> the only one with a critical issue that could not be resolved was blag -
> the download links on their website are broken so there is actually no
> OS available - i wrote to their mailing list but there has been no
> response after nearly a month

Not long before your post there, some people (on the list and on IRC,
IIRC) talked about giving it another shot and trying to put the server
back together.  The FSF sysadmins asked us to wait for some new
infrastructure, so that the new VM would be set up in the new place to
begin with.

As for why it's down...  Apparently there was a break in and the server
was brought down.  We have backups, and that's good as far as the data
is concerned, but the software is presumed to be vulnerable and will
likely have to be installed from scratch.

I don't have the details, I'm just an interested party who happens to
often be a gateway between (whatever's left of) that community and the
FSF.  FTR, I'm a bit surprised you didn't get a response from the people
who expressed interest in putting it back together.

Thanks for your investigation and updates for the free distros list,

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer