Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Mac-on-Linux entry in free system distribution gui

From: J.B. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Mac-on-Linux entry in free system distribution guidelines list needs correction or removal
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 19:38:42 -0500

It seems to me that the rationale for an acceptable MAME derivative you described applied equally well to other software. The ongoing threads about this and the undefended remarkable claim on the Mac-on-Linux entry about it only running nonfree software tell me more clarification is needed in the FSF essay regarding software an FSF-approved free software distro can distribute.