gnu-emacs-sources

async-eval 0.1 -- execute Emacs lisp in a separate process

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: async-eval 0.1 -- execute Emacs lisp in a separate process
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:12:10 +0100

Since Emacs isn't capable of multi-threaded lisp, I've played around
with executing large background tasks in a separate process and
returning the results.

The code is attached and also available from:
http://nschum.de/src/emacs/async-eval/

If anybody has a "real world" use for this, please let me know.
I'd also appreciate any comments and ideas.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher