gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] Licensing

From: Vikram Roopchand
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] Licensing
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:36:42 +0200

Dear Casey,
                  Thank you very much for the quick and precise reply.

take care,
best regards,
Vikram

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Casey Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Vikram Roopchand
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear All,
>             I am using a few classes (MD4,MD5, ArcFour and related
> factories) from this project , is it possible to copy them (with license
> intact and no modifications) to my own source tree ? Does Guile permit that
> ? It mentions so on the license page, but I just want to be sure. It would
> reduce the dependency by one for me. I am not much of a legal guy so I
> really do not know :( ...

Yes, GNU Crypto's license permits this. You can link in any classes
from GNU Crypto into your project, and it doesn't affect the license
of your project; if you make changes or improvements to the GNU Crypto
code itself, though, you need to make those changes available under
the same license as GNU Crypto.

Thanks.