gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] Elliptic curve public-key algorithms

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] Elliptic curve public-key algorithms
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:05:06 -0700

>>>>> "Dima" == Dima Chirun <address@hidden> writes:

Dima> Hello All, I can help in implementation of elliptic curve
Dima> public-key algorithms (it was my research at university)

Dima> I see tha you are lookig for a volunteer for this.

Dima> How to join to project ?

The first thing I would suggest is that you grab the CVS mainline
sources and start looking around.

Anyone can join the project, but contributions made to GNU Crypto have
to be copyright-assigned to the FSF, or placed in the public domain.
The discussion over that doesn't come up until you have something
you'd like to contribute. The best way to propose your contributions
is to make them up as a "patch", and post it to this list; if the
patch is something we would like to include, we can discuss it from
there.

There isn't exactly a process, but if there were, it would be
something like this:

  1. You start hacking the sources and discussing things on the
     mailing list.
  2. You come up with an improvement to the sources, and post that to
     the list.
  3. We include it into the project if we feel it is a good addition
     (EC algorithms would definitely be a good addition to GNU
     Crypto).
  4. Goto 1.

Dima> Who is a coordinator ?

Me. Feel free to ask me any questions.