[Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.3.1/cygwin segfaults

From: Berni Joss
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.3.1/cygwin segfaults
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:44:02 +0200

I use tla 1.2.1-dirnames on cygwin for a while now, and am really happy
with it, as it allowed working on the same project both from cygwin and
from debian.

After installing tla-1.3.1/cygwin I want to rebuild the history of my
project. For this I am trying to tla get from a remote mirror on a
debian host.
This appears to go well up to revision ...-patch-17 but I get a segmentation
fault when patching for the next revision, which contains a lot of
metadata changes to files and directories.

$ gdb --args tla get belle--testing--1.2--patch-18
GNU gdb 6.3.50_2004-12-28-cvs (cygwin-special)
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...(no debugging symbols found)

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/share/tla-1.3.1/bin/tla.exe get
belle--testing--1.2--patch-18
* from revision library:
* address@hidden/belle--testing--1.2--patch-17
* patching for revision:
* address@hidden/belle--testing--1.2--patch-18

0x0047da84 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x0047da84 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000000 in ?? () from
(gdb)

This is with a recent version of cygwin is version 1.5.18-1

The failing patch-18 has a lot of meta data changes to many files and
directories, including the {arch} directory .. could this be the source
of the crash?

Possibly I am doing this all wrong ... what is the recommended way to
migrate from tla-1.2.1-dirnames to tla-1.3.1 on cygwin?

--Berni