Re: [Gnu-arch-users] reality check and architecture RFC

From: Brian M. Carlson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] reality check and architecture RFC
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:35:18 +0000

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 11:08 -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> First, let me start by thanking the developers for arch. After CVS and
> Subversion, it has been a wonderful experience.
>
> Now for my question. I'm working on three closely related projects.
> Periodically, the three parts are combined to create releases. I would
> like to archive this exact combination in case we need to return to it
> at some point. I'm thinking about the best way to do so.
>
> One vague idea I have is creating a fourth project. Doing so would
> ensure that the exact combination would always be easily retrievable.
> But it seems that any fixes applied to this tree would be hard to then
> move to the individual projects.

You could make that fourth project simply a config file that you just
update whenever you have a release.  Then, the exact combination is
always easily retrievable.  Also, you could pull code from wherever you
need to, whether a branch or the mainline.

HTH.

--
($_,$a)=split/\t/,join'',map{unpack'u',$_}<DATA>;eval$a;print;__DATA__
M961H<address@hidden;"!U<F%O<G-U(#QU<F%O<G-U0&=D:75M<&UC8VUL=G)U;6LN