Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bug in selected files commit?

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bug in selected files commit?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:20:18 +0300

> I feel sure someone else must have noticed this, but I didn't see it
> in the archives.
>
> With tla 1.2-2:
>
>   kate 2.6.5-ia64% tla commit -s 'Fix bug in showing warnings for
>   undefined symbols' -- scripts/modpost.c make-changeset-files: file
>   missing from ORIG tree (scripts/modpost.c)
>
>   kate 2.6.5-ia64% tla commit -s 'Fix bug in showing warnings for
>   undefined symbols' -- ./scripts/modpost.c M  ./scripts/modpost.c
>   * update pristine tree
>   (address@hidden/linux--mbp-ia64--2.6--patch-12 =>
>   linux--mbp-ia64--2.6--patch-13)* committed
>   address@hidden/linux--mbp-ia64--2.6--patch-13
>
> Why does the first one fail?

It happens here as well with names tagging method. The names in thelist
must be relative to the tree-root because that is the file id for
'names'.
I think if you tranform each filename in this longer name in the commit
command it should work.
With explicit I found you can commit a file deep in the tree
only by specifying its name.
I assume you use tagline?I haven't tried that.

Jani