[Gnu-arch-users] Best way to manage single files projects

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Best way to manage single files projects
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:28:12 +0200

Hi !

I'm wondering  what's the  best way to  manage my  Emacs configuration
with Arch: I  have a directory with a lot  of configuration files, and
I'm using  tla to manage history  and to keep my  configurations up to
date on multiple machines. (with a private archive)

This is all right.

Now,  among these  configuration files,  some of  them  are published.
Currently, they are just copied  manually on my website when I release
a new version.

But I'd like to have a public arch archive in addition to that.

Typically, I'm  contributing to xtla.el,  and I'd like to  branch from
Steve's pubic archive (http://xsteve.nit.at/tla).

I could  create a new project for  that on my public  archive, and use
the traditional method,  but then, the file wouldn't be  up to date in
my private archive. Off course, I  can just copy and commit the newest
version from time  to time in my private archive,  but I was wondering
if there were a better way to do this (automatically).

Another solution would be to  publish my whole configuration, so, this
would include xlta.el in particular, but then, I would disturb all the
other contributors of xtla.el with my other configuration files.

So, which solution do you think is the best ?

Thanks,

--
Matthieu