Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems installing tla on FreeBSD

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems installing tla on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:57:13 +0200

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 15:39:01 -0600, Parker, Ron wrote:
> I am running into a similar problem on SFU.
>
>       $ patch --version|head -n 1
>       patch 2.5
>       $ gpatch --version|head -n 1
>       patch 2.5.4
>
> Can anyone tell me where to get patch >= 2.5.8.  It appears that ftp.gnu.org
> only has through 2.5.4 and Savannah has nothing in CVS.  I suppose this
> might be a carry over from the crack, but I'm not sure.  I have a patched
> source from Cygwin, but would really prefer clean.

You can get a mostly(*1) clean source from debian.
http://ftp.XX(*2).debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/patch/patch_2.5.9.orig.tar.gz

*1 Debian maintainers sometimes add extra leading directories or make
   archives within archives, but do not modify the files (that's what
   the .diff is for).

*2 Replace with a country code (us, uk, de, fr, cz ...).
   Both http and ftp access is valid.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>