[Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: i/o error in arch_inventory_traversal/is_nested_

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: i/o error in arch_inventory_traversal/is_nested_tree
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:58:32 -0500

I'm getting a panic for the case where a precious directory is not accessible.

I can work around the problem, but...

This seem pretty silly to me. Alright, I understand how it could happen, but =tagging-method says "Traversal does not descend into precious directories". I think it's okay to actually descend into precious directories, as long as tla behaves as if it doesn't.

However, since tla would not get a PANIC if it descended into this directory, something needs to be changed. I believe the documented behaviour would be better, since it handles more cases and performs faster. And it would also be nice if PANIC messages explained *why* they were PANICing.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology