Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs on debian stable

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs on debian stable
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:44:47 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Milan Cvetkovic <address@hidden>

    > I hope this is the right place to ask questions about cscvs.

    > I tried to install cscvs on Debian stable without success.

    > I suspect that the big part of my problems is that I do not have any
    > knopwledge of configuring, installing or running anythiing in python.

    > So here is what I did: [.....]

I'm not so good at answering these kinds of questions but I recently
went through a similar exercise.

I found it necessary to install a fresh (from source) Python to get
things working.  (The error messages I got were different from yours.
They were, however, from Python  --- and a from-source installation
fixed them.   You might wind up needing multiple Python installs on
your box.   This is the kind of crap that keeps RH in business :-)