Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cascading patchlogs with star-merge

From: Russell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cascading patchlogs with star-merge
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:24:30 +0800

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 06:36:17PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Robert Collins <address@hidden>
>
>     [re cascading merges]
>     > With star topologies, this tends not to happen, as the hub won't be
>     > merging unless a request to merge has been made.
>

> Also, in _theory_, cascading merges aren't always a bad thing.   It
> really depends on what the log content being added is.

Yes, I can see that.  But when merging between only two archives, after
the first couple, the patch logs just talk about adding patch logs for
patches we already have.

I've ended up parsing the output of 'tla changes' to see that the
changes involve more than patch logs, and committing if so, or undoing
if not.  Works for me.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: