Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs - a couple of bugs

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs - a couple of bugs
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:20:02 +1100

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 02:09, Paul Mundt wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 02:42:46AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > Secondly, and more seriously, the changeset identification algorithm is
> > broken. The date based sort is (unfortunately) flawed - and this is only
> > visible in my branch. Your branch, which uses the tree-lint -t magic to
> > add files will appear to work, but will actually generate incorrect
> > changesets - for instance placing a change some hundreds of revisions
> > after 1.1.1 as changeset 1 in cscvs. Mine will bork on commit, as the
> > files are not added (due to them being a change, not a new-on-branch).
> >
> I've just run into this as well, this only appears to happen for non-MAIN
> branches (at least for me). cset 1 ends up looking rather confused.. in
> my case, I can see a small handful of changes that happened years later
> being tossed in with cset 1, which is clearly wrong. This happens for me
> both on your branch and on Charles' (at least as far as a cscvs log goes).

Thanks for the offer - I've got two test cases here already, so I don't
think I'll need any more samples - at least until I think I've fixed it.

Yes, this bug can show up on both MAIN and branches, it's just
coincidence yours only shows up on branches. And the symptoms are a
precise match - modulo the differing behaviour duffy and I have for
handling untagged files :}.

Thanks,
Rob