Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating "standard" diffs

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating "standard" diffs
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:21:41 +0800

Matthew Palmer wrote:

| I've fiddled with show-changelog, but that appears to only produce a diff of
| changed files, and doesn't include files I've added.  Is there a way to get
| tla (or does someone have an external script) to include new files in the
| patch, or am I reduced to either a pair of trees and diff -urN or mailing
| the patch with the new files separate?

Given a sufficiently recent tla, `tla changes --diffs` will do almost
exactly what you want.  It also shows the contents of the new
.arch-ids and patch logs, which isn't really ideal, but a quick
brutalisation of this output with a text editor should do the trick.

(While I'm at it, is there any good reason for tla changes to also
give new .arch-ids and logs?  For my two main uses of this command -
looking to see what I've changed and sending patches to someone -
they just get in the way.)

Cameron.