[Gnu-arch-users] Newbie questions about arch

From: Giovanni Giorgi
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Newbie questions about arch
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:25:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi All!
 I have imported a quite complex directory tree on arch
I have done all the things in the right way I suppose, but I got this
strange log, running
 tla changelog

The log contains:
[...]
    new files:
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/.arch-ids/=id
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/.arch-ids/Makefile.id
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/.arch-ids/TODO.id
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/.arch-ids/musica.c.id
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/.arch-ids/suka.mus.id2A
     c/comple/comple-4.0.3/Makefile c/comple/comple-4.0.3/TODO
[...]

is this right or I add to arch the file ids (!!)?

I have also a small mac-problem; on Mac OS X, Finder creates some special
files called
        .DS_Store
arch complains about these files ("These files violate naming
conventions:").

How can I instruct arch to ignore these files?

Last but not least: I have tried Subversion and I have used ClearCase and
CVS for a long period of time.
I like ClearCase, but I feel unconfortable with its complex UCM and the
(low) speed of ClearCase with 'only' 10Mbit LANs
With CVS I work every day, but I think it is not so good.
 Subversion seems to me too complex, to compile and to use...

Arch seems better, and I'd like to know who is using it, and what do you
think about it (I do not like religion wars, I am only asking some area on
which arch performs better than CVS in your own opinion :).

 Thank you!

--
// Giovanni Giorgi
//   http://www.siforge.org