Re: [Gnu-arch-users] WebDav file permission problems

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] WebDav file permission problems
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:18:37 +0100

Armando Singer <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an archive that is being accessed by both local and remote
> users. The local users have the archive registered to the NFS location
> (working trees are not on NFS), and remote users have the archive
> registered to the http location with WebDAV enabled.

So, your local users are  accessing the filesystem with their own unix
user, whereas remote  users are using Apache to  write the filesystem,
so, the permissions are the one of Apache.

I had the  same problem, and we decided to remove  the NFS access, and
we are using  only WebDAV. It works quite well, but  I agree that it's
not really satisfying.

The other  solution is to  give read-write permission for  every files
and to  all users (chmod 666  ...), with all the  security problems it
will rise :-(

Actually,  you have  a  WebDAV  problem, but  this  is unrelated  with
tla ...

--
Matthieu