Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Command abbreviations

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Command abbreviations
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:57:41 -0600

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 15:06, Tom Lord wrote:
> There's a difference.  The spurious compiler warning is a side effect
> of the limitation of code-flow-analysis plus not bloating my compiler
> with crap --- very fundamental facts of life.

It shouldn't be -- gcc knows that exit is a noreturn function, and
__attribute__ (noreturn) can easy enough be applied to panic and such.

Of course, being that the noreturn attribute is (I think) a GNU
extension, it makes sense to hide it inside a conditionally expanded
macro... but that way you've got less spurious lint when using
halfway-modern builds of gcc (I think 2.5 and newer).