Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Trying out the new escaping version...

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Trying out the new escaping version...
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:20:35 -0600

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 13:50, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:
>   Though I think that ends up not being so useful, because the escaping
> should be an internal issue. So I think that something like --quoted to
> output:
>
> good_example.html
> 'bad example.html'
> 'gratuitous evil example\' with extra \\.html'

This would be really easy to do with a 3rd-party tool that simply quotes
its argv contents to be shell-friendly. Indeed, I'd be astonished if
such a tool didn't already exist.

Of course, there's the question of how one conveniently gets tla's
output into such a tool's argv[] without it being interpreted by a shell
intermediately... so perhaps this isn't quite as much a solution as I
first thought.