Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:37:22 +0800

Robin Green wrote:

| Excuse the stupid question, but what's the difference between "adding to
| revision library" and "creation of cached revisions"?

Cached revisions are stored in the archive itself, and contain a
tarball of all the files of one particular revision.  A revision
library is stored outside the archive and contains unpacked copies of
revisions, with files which are identical in multiple revisions hard
linked to each other.

That's not really a very good explanation, I'm afraid, but perhaps
someone else can jump in and explain it better.  The tutorial goes
into details of why and how you'd want to use each.

Cameron.