Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin -> FAT partition

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin -> FAT partition
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 07:44:10 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

(That makes me wonder: does tla work on a VFAT partition
that is mounted on a linux machine? Could someone try this out?)

On Linux, the inode stays the same all the time.  I haven't tested tla
on vfat due to unrelated build problems.

Aaron

The problem is not that there is no inode number
(I think cygwin now returns the same info as linux)
but that the inode number changes when a file is moved and/or renamed.
tla uses the inode number to (try to) keep track of moved/renamed
files so it can keep it's history.
- Under Linux, the number does not change when you move/rename the file (though apparently when you remount the filesystem). - tla can tolerate inode changes in working directories. There are plenty of unix operations that change inodes, like "cp foo bar; rm foo; mv bar foo". I have worked on the changeset code recently. It is robust. - Changes in revlibs or pristines after inode signatures have been snapped would be problematic, but I'm not sure whether they happen. Does a file's inode change when its parent directory is renamed? When the box is rebooted?

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be