[Gnu-arch-users] posible issue on ia64 with va_args.

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] posible issue on ia64 with va_args.
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:35:43 +1100

I've found a problem with gcc 3.0.4 (and possibly newer versions)with
the use of '0' to terminate the arch_call_cmd var_args.

the problem is with promotion:
u_char * is not promoted at all according to my va_arg info pages. But
'0' is being promoted incorrectly, and when accessed by va_arg(ap, char
*) results in a 0x60000000000 value. (I think I have the right number of
0's there) :}.

Passing 0L as the terminator, or (t_uchar *)0, or NULL works.

Anyone care to comment?

Rob