Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on nfs only

From: Anders Rune Jensen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on nfs only
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:37:20 +0100

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 02:48 -0500, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:21:38PM +0100, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
>
> > The problem is that the only non-nfs place I have access to is /tmp. I
> > could maybe make a symlink from the ++pristine-trees directory to
> > something in /tmp but maybe there is a better solution?
>
> If you can trust that your directories will stick around in /tmp for a
> bit (which it sounds like you can), you can use a 'revision library'.
> See the appropriate section on the TLA tutorial.

Since this seems to be the only option I tried addeding a revision
library to /tmp and then add a script to crontab which touches the files
every hour to make sure they are not deleted. Unfortuanatly it doesn't
work. I get the same errors as before, this time just in the temp
directory.

corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
    archive: address@hidden
    revision: bdd--mainline--2.0--patch-10
You should remove this revision from your library.

If I remove the revisions and let it add them again (I've made the
library greedy) it works for the operation but fails later again with
the same error.

Any new ideas or can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? Maybe
touching the files will screw things up?

Thanx

--
Anders Rune Jensen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~arj/

PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/62C2D7F0 @ pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 6A03 907E 92E1 47EB 4EAB  76B6 068A ACD1 62C2 D7F0