Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new file-diffs option (pass-through to diff)

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new file-diffs option (pass-through to diff)
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:01:26 +1100

    Stig> Hi, As an experiment, I've added an option to file-diffs. It
    Stig> allows stuff like `tla file-diffs -D "-bB" foo.c' to ignore
    Stig> whitespace changes in `foo.c'.

hmmm... I have mixed thoughts about getting diffs to ignore
whitespace.

Presumably the whitespace will still get included in the final commit,
so I would tend to think it would be better to make sure the
whitespace is identical to the previous version, unless you intend to
change it.

On the other hand, if your comparing two different versions (not the
current checked out version vs previous committed version) then it
might be useful.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>