Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:20:45 +0900

    Miles> I realize you hate the idea of `metadata' polluting your
    Miles> files.  But you know, if Linus were to add taglines to the
    Miles> kernel, I'll bet that after the initial massive shock to
    Miles> your sense of cleanliness, you wouldn't even notice them --
    Miles> they're simply not very intrusive in reality.

s/you/most people/ in line 4.  I recently started working with the
roundup issue tracker, and I find the #sha: tags at the end of every
file quite noticable.

I really can't explain why, but I've always detested Emacs (and now
vim) variable setting, coding cookies, RCS ids (except as variable
initializers), embedded changelogs, and similar cruft, while finding
copyright notices, to do lists, and lisp-mnt conventions acceptable.

I doubt I'd mind an additional line or two of lisp-mnt-style headers.
My settings for hide-copyleft normally hide them, for one thing.