Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Ethan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:52:41 -0800

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 11:58:10AM -0700, Robert Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 11:07, Zack Brown wrote:
> > Why are you os inflamed about this? 'explicit' tagging exists as an
> > option in tla. What's the problem when someone chooses to use it?
>
> I think people are annoyed not because people want to use it, but rather
> that people who want to use it are making that decision based on
> misunderstandings about the implications of the various alternative
> choices.  The choice itself is not irritating.  What is irritating is
> when the rationale for the choice makes no sense.

that is not always the case.  i use explicit because i personally just
don't want taglines in my source files.  period, there is no other
reason or justification then that, nor is any needed, its my archive.
i don't want anyone sending me patches which use taglines, period.  so
i enforce that decision with tagging-method=explicit.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/