[OT (rant)] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re:

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [OT (rant)] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Andrew Suffield <address@hidden>

    > On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 12:42:29AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

    > > Yup.  I've always been struck by the number of times I've seen notes
    > > posted on the LKML about people having to rebuild their BK
    > > archives;

    > I don't know about BK, but SVN certainly is fragile as all heck. This
    > problem seems prevalent in other revision control systems.

In the early 80's, the big issue was "How can I store umpteen
different versions of file FOO without filling up my dinky little
disk".

Nowadays, the situation is rather different -- we can now squarely
focus on the _software_engineering_ benefits of revision control
because the storage aspect is just Not Very Difficult, thanks <deity>
to storage economics.

BK by design and svn by aspiration are stuck in the 80's.