Re: [Gnu-arch-users] practical questions of archive ownership

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] practical questions of archive ownership
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:47:36 -0500

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 23:25, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> Thanks for all the answers to my last question, asking if changesets can
> provide the facility to "push" changes as "cvs diff -u > patch" can.
> This question is similar in that I am still trying to figure out how
> arch's capabilities can support the development models that projects
> using CVS have come to expect.

There certainly is no reason why archives aren't /right now/ writable by
more than one person; indeed, that works fine right now (I believe the
tutorial calls it the update/commit method of cooperation). However,
it's rarely used -- because it's not what most users of arch find in
practice the most convenient and natural way to work.