gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] Re: Gnoppix 0.6.0-RC2

From: Harold Bower
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] Re: Gnoppix 0.6.0-RC2
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:08:10 -0500

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:09:24 +0100
Michael Mauch <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the lower right corner of the desktop, there is an icon showing a
> keycap with flags. Click on it and you have a US keyboard.
>
> Regards...
>               Michael

Thank you, Michael.  It works very well, and now some friends will want
to try it as well (I was the test case).

This test machine is an Epia M6000 mini-ITX system with 512 MB RAM and a
1280x1024 LCD display.  Since the normal boot into X only lists up to
1024x768 resolutions, I entered this line at the boot: prompt:

        credativ screen=1280x1024

and the correctly-sized screen came up .. beautiful!

There seems to be a small problem with the terminal icon on the top menu
bar.  When selected, a terminal window appears for only a quick moment
after several seconds of loading.  This is repeatable.  Selecting the
"Terminal"  from the "Applications" -> "System Tools" pull-down menu
(which seems to be the same Icon) gives a terminal that stays and is
usable.

Has anyone added lm_sensors to their Gnoppix system yet?  Gkrellm (from
Applications -> Debian Menu -> Apps -> System) is much more valuable
when CPU temperature and Fan RPMs can be displayed from lm_sensors.

Hal