gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] newbie info

From: Andreas Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] newbie info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:20:03 +0200

Am Di, 2003-09-16 um 14.41 schrieb address@hidden:

> I downloaded the gnoppix-0.5.4-1.iso file.  Am i supposed to download the md5
> file as well?
> I used nero to burn ISO image disc, but nero's dialog box seemed to expect
> .nrg extensions on the file? I burn the disc anyway. I took it home put in my
> computer.  and nothing happen.  the bios is set to boot off a disc and cdrom.
>
> some help please.

Disable the Wizard, then select Burn Image from the "File" menu. Select
All Files in the file selection window. Select the .iso file, click OK
in the "this is a foreign file" dialogue box. In the option box that
opens, the defaults should be okay: "Data Mode 1", "Block Size 2048",
"Raw Data, Scrambled, and Swapped" not selected, and Image Header and
Image Trailer left at 0. Click OK. In the Write CD box, use the default
options, e.g. Write and Determine maximum speed, plus check the Finalize
CD option.

from http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/

Regards,
amu