gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] Can't find 'e100' ethernet driver

From: Harold Bower
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] Can't find 'e100' ethernet driver
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:14:01 -0400

As other users have already reported, it seems that Gnoppix 0.5.3 cannot
default to English with any argument (and I've tried many) during boot.
Also tried to set the LANG variable, but that had limited effect.

The system tried was a Pentium III (katmai) 500 MHz with Intel 10/100
Ethernet card (e100 driver used on other installations).  Gnoppix
apparently finds the hardware, but a boot message says that 'e100.o not
found', so no ethernet is available once the system comes up.

Congratulations on the rest of the installation.  The system correctly
found my ATI AIW Radeon (old model) and allowed me to go directly to X
with 1280x1024 with an Enlight-7100 flat panel display.  It would be
more usable in English since mein Deutsch is nich so gut.

Hal