Re: any new phones that can be used

From: Bongob Bongg
Subject: Re: any new phones that can be used
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 03:27:08 +0100

E.g., for sending SMS, UMTS sticks with USB interface could be used -- haven't
tried that with gnokii.

Hi,
Yes, I care mostly about the SMS functionality. Should be able to read the inbox.
Don't care about reading contact list and calendars and such things. Should work
on linux without having to install cds that come with the device.

I searched amazon.com and many such sticks came up. They seemed promising.
Anybody know of a model that they have gotten to work? Everything from Huawei is great?

Thanks a lot.