Re: Init script for smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Init script for smsd
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:07:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, Joan wrote:

Hello Joan.

> Hello again, does it sound familiar then? Do you want me to provide the init
> file in any special flavour so it can be included?

I have no time to look into the code but after your reminder I did.
I found that preparation of paths for configuration files is in
cfgreader.c:get_locations() function in gnokii library.
It looks that gnokii uses following paths for configuration:
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnokii/config
$HOME/.config/gnokii/config
$HOME/.gnokiirc
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/gnokii/config (/etc/xdg)
/etc/gnokiirc

If you don't set any variable the list of paths should looks like:
/.config/gnokii/config
/.gnokiirc
/etc/xdg/gnokii/config
/etc/gnokiirc

Then in function gn_cfg_read_default is following code:

        config_file_locations = get_locations(&num);

        for (i = 0; i < num && error != GN_ERR_NONE; i++) {
                error = gn_cfg_file_read(config_file_locations[i]);
        }

So smsd should go thru the list of paths while it find the first working
path. Maybe it should be better to check result of getenv()
in get_locations() and don't use result if getenv() returns NULL, but I
think it should work anyway.

Now I don't understand you description because according code it should work
without HOME variable if you have /etc/gnokiirc.
Can you send me console output without HOME variable set?

BTW:
If you need to specify non-default config file for smsd you can use -C
(--config) option.

Regards,

Jan