Re: Issue with gnokii-SMSD

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Issue with gnokii-SMSD
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:09:07 +0100

2012/11/22  <address@hidden>:

> I'm only interested in sending messages, I don't want to synchronize phone.
> Does SMSD have any command to avoid synchronization?

you can pass an empty folder to the --inbox argument of smsd

to see folders available on your phone and message counts you can use
gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus (either disable the debug output or
redirect stderr 2>/dev/null to see anything)

> Getting SMS failed (location 1 from IN memory)! (The given memory location is
> invalid.)

phone memory was empty in that debug log, so except that the error
message is wrong it seems it worked

--
Daniele Forsi