Re: locking in smsd

From: alonso acuña
Subject: Re: locking in smsd
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 01:32:00 -0600

Hi. Perhaps smsd or whatever other process could just wait until the lock is released? With a timeout setting and some checks to detect and remove stale locks.

Which process is the phone daemon? I did not understand that part.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM, alonso acuña <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I would think that smsd should be able to place the lock only when
> it really needs to send any commands to the phone. At least for this

And what should it do when other process did claim the lock? No,
that's not the way to go.

The proper solution is to have the phone daemon that manages
communication with the phone and apps talk to this daemon but nobody
had time to implement this for few years already.