Re: Automatic resend Messages on error (MYSQL) / Connection Intervall be

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Automatic resend Messages on error (MYSQL) / Connection Intervall between mysql and smsd
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:14:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Axel Gruber wrote:

Hi.

> So my question: is there a hack or a other way to defiine a "connection
> Interval" between smsd and mysql ? (10 sec for example)

See man page:

-i, --interval interval
        Polling interval for incoming sms's in seconds. Default is 1 second.

> Question2:
> When i want to sent a SMS i put it into the outbox table - then smsd try to
> send it.
>
> But when there is a Problem (no GMS Connection or other Problem with the GSM
> Provider) the entry is marked with "processed = 1" and "error = 8".
> Is there any way (or switch) so "say to smsd" to try to resend a SMS Message
> from time to time als long as there is no "error".

Reset the 'processed' attribute to FALSE (0) with sql command. Prepare a
script which will periodicaly check the outbox table and update the
'processed' attribute. The error is not always 8, so consider error code in
your script.

Best regards
Jan