Re: authentication on init for smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: authentication on init for smsd
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:44:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011, Pawel Kot wrote:

Hi.

> I have implemented the new feature for gnokii (branch auth_on_init at
> address@hidden:pkot/gnokii.git) that allows authentication on init
> when required (common use case: usb modem). The solution for xgnokii

Do I understand right that this equivalent to AT+CPIN ?
If yes, it is very useful function.

> entered). However the bigger question is for smsd. We have two out of
> the box solutions:
>  - interactive asking for pin

No, this is not how smsd is used.

>  - storing pin in the file
> But I can see some more options:
>  - passing it as the invocation argument
>  - having some db configuration

All these are fine. Keep on mind that smsd can use more modems at the same
time. So configuration must distinguish between modems. Therefore I see hard
to implenent it as invocation argument. Using file for file module is the
only way and db modules can use both, the file or db (in configuration table
I want to introduce).

Do you have any documentation of this new function or I should learn it from
source? I will take care about it.

jan