Sending SMS via libgnokii

From: Peter Koch
Subject: Sending SMS via libgnokii
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:04:19 +0100

Dear Pawel:

Thank's very much for your answer.

> Why own application?

My application is a unix daemon that receives messages from
different sources and inserts these messages into an Oracle
Database. Some high-priority messages are sent out to our
administrators mobile phones and that's where I'm using libgnokii.

> Probably because phone closes the connection on inactivity. Instead of
> waiting, send any request (which makes sense). I've actually wanted to
> implement GN_OP_PING for several years already but failed to. But you
> can request the date or whatever to keep alive the connection.
>
> I think it might not be the case with more modern phones. I mean they
> would not disconnect.

 I will try to "ping" the phone. That should be faster than closing
and reopening the whole stack.

Peter