Re: Problem with gnokii 0.6.31git, smsd segmentation fault

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Problem with gnokii 0.6.31git, smsd segmentation fault
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 23:54:14 +0200

2011/6/5 Jan Derfinak:
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Daniele Forsi wrote:

>> set the reference number on unallocated memory, but maybe instead of
>> the fix I pushed we should be clearing the memory somewhere in smsd
>
> Can you explain what you mean? The code in A_SendSMSMessage clears data,

I think that d->sms isn't cleared

> prepares data, then calls gn_sms_send and then release data:
>  gn_data_clear (dt);
>  dt->sms = d->sms;
>  d->status = gn_sms_send (dt, sm);
>  status = d->status;
>  free (dt->sms->reference);
>  free (dt);

maybe we must set dt->sms->reference = NULL after freeing it, but I
don't know why the segfaults happens only when sending fails

since dt->sms->reference is actually d->sms->reference
when/if d->sms is reused, then in sms_send_single() the calloc() isn't called:

        if (!data->sms->reference)
                data->sms->reference = calloc(data->sms->parts, sizeof(unsigned
int));

--
Daniele Forsi