gnokii and 2330c

From: Roberto Verzola
Subject: gnokii and 2330c
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:45:00 +0800

I finally had a chance to delete all messages in my Nokia 2330c, using the phone's own delete messages by folder function. There were 5 mangled memory locations (I think a "memory location" here means a message location) that could not be deleted. They look blank on the screen but refused to be deleted by any of the phone functions. On gnokii, --showsmsfolderstatus showed the number of messages in IN (inbox) to be zero. But Nokia said the inbox had 5 msgs (though blanks and these phantom msgs refused efforts to delete them).

I remembered the suggestion in the gnokii wiki for series40 nokias, so I powered off the phone. When I turned it back on again, the mangled locations were gone, and the inbox had zero messages. Gnokii's --showsmsfolderstatus also showed IN to be zero.

So, finally, my phone is fully back to normal and in sync with gnokii again.

Roberto