Re: dialvoice max string length ?

From: Sam
Subject: Re: dialvoice max string length ?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:20:54 +0000 (UTC)

Daniele Forsi <dforsi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2011/4/20 Sam <address@hidden>:
>
> > I successfully managed to make the recipient phone ring by simply gnokii
> > -dialvoice [phone-number] but it seems the string is too long to achieve the
> > above credit transfer.
>
> --dialvoice does just what the name implies: it starts a voice call
>
> > Is there a simple way around this
>
> no
>
> with AT devices you must use the AT+CUSD command
> if somebody wants to add a new gnokii command around it, eg.
> --sendussd, it isn't too difficult

Thanks Daniele,

Yes my objective is not 100% what --dialvoice was intended for, but that is
practically what we do when ¨dialing¨ a code to our mobile provider with a
service request, I assume.

Do you have an idea how long the string can be that is used with --dialvoice ?

Any suggestio as to how I can do this ¨dialing¨ ?

Regards